Two Punks And A Tandem
England. 1985. Jennifer Rush tops the charts and big hair is all the rage. But Britain’s youth are restless. They have no work, no money, no hope. And in the seaside town of Penzance in Cornwall, a group of mates decide to do something about it. When two of them embark on a charity bike ride from John O’Groats to Lands End, what could possibly go wrong?
A rip-roaring and rollocking romp, brought to life in trademark Silly Boys style… With live music, puppets and a whole heap of silliness! Two Punks And A Tandem is an ode to the power and spirit of community in increasingly individualistic times.
Based on a true story.
Supported by Bristol Old Vic Ferment, Arts Council England and donations made by members of the public via a Kickstarter campaign we completed in 2014.
Suitable for ages 12+.
Spring Tour 2015
06. The Poly, Falmouth. SOLD OUT.
12. Blaengarw Workmen's Hall, Wales. Tickets.
13. YMCA, Pontypridd, Wales. Tickets.
18. City College, Plymouth. Tickets.
19. YMCA, Hirwaun, Wales. Tickets.
20. The Soar Centre, Penygraig, Wales. Tickets.
21. Corris Institute, Wales. Tickets.
23. The Wardrobe Theatre, Bristol. Tickets.
24. The Wardrobe Theatre, Bristol. Tickets.
25. The Wardrobe Theatre, Bristol. Tickets.
26. The Wardrobe Theatre, Bristol. Tickets.
27. The Wardrobe Theatre, Bristol. SOLD OUT.
30. The Bike Shed, Exeter. Tickets.
03. The Acorn, Penzance. SOLD OUT.
10. Rosemary Branch, London. Tickets.
Cast & Creatives
Leigh Seamas Carey
Mitch Callum Mitchell
Written by Callum Mitchell.
Music by Seamas Carey.
Photography by Michael Eddy.
Directed by Jim Carey.
'Shouty, sweary, strutty stuff. A wonky-wheeled wonder tale of dizzying energy and surprising tenderness. Proves the appetite for theatre that takes a risk' and creates something new.'
Artspass. Read full review here.